R4 000 a month
Full Job Description
Post: Domestic Assistant
Hours: 8.00am to 2.00pm Monday to Friday
Responsible to: The Housekeeping Manager
Accountable to: The Manager or assigned deputy
Basic Objectives of the Post
a. To make sure that the home is clean and hygienic at all times
b. To maintain a high standard outlook to add on to the quality of care and lifestyle givento each Resident. This is certainly applicable to each Resident’s privacy and dignity and in respect of each Resident’s personal possessions.
Please bear in mind that a check will be made with the Criminal Records Bureau which will be inclusive of a check on the Protection of Vulnerable Adults list, to determine suitability for work in a care setting.
1. To clean all assigned areas in the Home as stipulated in individual work schedules, including furniture, fittings, fabric, carpets and equipment.
2. To make sure that the bathrooms and toilets are clean throughout the period of duty.
3. To operate cleaning and polishing machines, adhering to appropriate safety use and avoiding hazards to users of the Home.
4. To report any fault or defects in the building or equipment in the appropriate book.
5. To maintain the area designated for storage of equipment in a clean and tidy manner.
6. To handle waste bags and their prescribed disposal.
7. To work as a member of the staff team and be part of the relevant training sessions and staff meetings as required.
8. To carry out any additional cleaning tasks that may be needed from time to time.
The duties mentioned above give a summary of the work required but do not do away with any other duties of a reasonable nature which may be requested by the Head of Hotel or other Officers in Charge at the time.
Health & Safety at Work
1. To have knowledge of and adhere with safe working practices as stipulated under the Health & Safety at Work Act as applicable to you place of work.
2. To have knowledge of and adhere to Control of substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) requirements. This will be inclusive of your awareness of any specific hazards at your place of work. You will also be needed to adhere to the manufacturer’s instructions pertaining the storage and use of their products.
3. The wearing of appropriate protective clothing as suggested by the Home.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: R4,000.00 /month