ACKERMANS JOB: ESTIMATOR
Job Title: Estimator
Department: Operations – Properties
Reporting To Position: Manager
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Location: Kuils River
Reference Nr: Estimator (151117-2)
An probability for an Estimator has turn out to be reachable in our Operations: Properties team. The profitable incumbent will be accountable for analysing tools requirements, compiling costings, ordering and receiving of gear and anylysing price developments inside the houses department.
If you have 1-2 years’ journey working as an Estimator and working expertise of WinQs, this may want to be the job that you are searching for. Experience working as an Estimator in a retail surroundings would be to your advantage.
– A Certificate/Diploma in Cost & Estimation or equivalent.
– Having executed a Revit path is an advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– Knowledge of the National Building Regulations
– Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
– Knowledge of Service Level Agreements/Contracts
– Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages
– Attention to detail
– Deadline-driven with a robust feel of urgency
– Ability to talk successfully throughout all levels
ALSO APPLY OTHER JOBS BELOW
1. Costing Process – Compile projected undertaking costings through:
• Gathering of proposals, blueprint, specs and associated document.
• Analysing of data and figuring out material, time and value requirements.
• Evaluating product fee effectiveness and profitability.
• Setting up and preserving of a value database.
2. Supplier administration – Manage the relationship with gear suppliers through:
• Obtaining quotations in line with authorized costing
• Ordering of goods
• Negotiating transport dates with suppliers
• Follow-up on discrepancies – Goods no longer delivered, flawed portions received.
3. Reporting – Compiling, evaluation and interpretation of:
• Purchasing trends
• Competitor reports
• Benchmarking – Supplier, product, provider deliverers’ evaluation.
• Conducting submit venture evaluation thru estimation vs true tasks value and put together value and expenditure statements