Come and join us a Senior Industrial Engineer where you will Investigate, motivate, design, develop, test, and evaluate integrated systems for managing industrial production processes across Anglo American Platinum in Asset Reliability.
By looking after our assets, you’ll become an asset too.
Our goal is to develop and run long-life, cost-efficient, socially and environmentally responsible mining operations. We aim to do that in ways that are ever safer, cleaner and smarter, while also creating the kind of working environments that promote high performance and innovative thinking.
We need talented people who share our belief in a better future for mining and are ready to make a difference. Could you be one of them?
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world, from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
As a Senior Industrial Engineer, you will act as a role model and reinforce a workplace culture where safety, health and effectiveness for the site is paramount.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assisting operations or functions to increase productivity through applying optimisation techniques and develop the most effective and efficient processes to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy to make the operational system deliver a service
• Design, develop and facilitate business process mapping workshops to optimize business performance
• Study product requirements and design optimise process and information systems to meet requirements
• Perform mathematical calculations to determine optimal manufacturing process volumes, capacities and potential
This role is at our Johannesburg Corporate Office, at a Band 6 level reporting to the Head of Processes, Systems and Integration for Asset Reliability.
• B.Eng. (Industrial), B.Tech, BSc in Engineering
• Advanced skills on MS Office packages and SAP
• Business Management Qualification (Advantageous)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Business processes optimization and re-engineering
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the Mining Industry
• Whole BU support – system design to processes, onsite mining experience. Engineering processes understanding
• Must understand the valuable flow of PGM materials, from initiation to the end cycle
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques and their integration in the valuable PGM process
• Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology
What we offer
When you join Anglo American you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We are a large, successful multinational company – and we are still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.